Rogers Hometown Hockey will be in Medicine Hat on March 4 & 5th, culminating in a live national broadcast as the Anaheim Ducks take on the Vancouver Canucks. The CCDA is very excited about this event and the ability to show off our historic downtown and our numerous stakeholders and businesses. Downtown stakeholders are encouraged to take part by painting the downtown red and displaying your favourite hockey gear, while all members community are invited down to take advantage of the wide array of free events and activities taking place all weekend.
The weekend will kick off on Friday March 3rd with a variety of activities downtown:
- 2nd Street: Shinny hockey rink set up on street; Rogers to serve hot chocolate / coffee, DJ music, food trucks, fire truck display, shooter skills station, bonfires, and other entertainment.
- Beveridge Building: Open and mini sports memorabilia trade show, live bands/music, refreshments and food.
- Hay Rides: 6th Avenue to 4th Avenue
- Movies: Monarch Theatre will show two movies before 11 p.m.
- Attire: Wear your favorite hockey attire.
- Fireworks: Start time approximately 11 p.m.
- Rogers Home Town Hockey Official Website
- Rogers Home Town Hockey Facebook Page
- Full schedule of events (updated as of March 1, 2017) (PDF)